“First 300 Shares Will Get Prize” Facebook Scam

Nov 21, 2012 | comments

Various messages distributed on Facebook claim that users can win expensive prizes such as Apple products or designer headphones just by liking and sharing a Facebook Page
  
These posts used by fraudsters to advertise their Facebook pages and, in some cases, even utilized to trick unsuspecting customers into handing over personal information .

FOR EXAMPLE :


“FIRST 300 SHARE WILL GET THE SAMSUNG GALAXY-When It’s done send me all your informations inbox.”

“FIRST 300 SHARE WILL GET THE IPHONE 5-When It’s done send me all your informations inbox.”

“THIS IS NOT A JOKE! I’M GIVING AWAY THOSE I-PADS I-POD IPHONES APPLES, FOR THE LUCKY 50 PEOPLE THAT ‘SHARE’ THIS STATUS, COMMENT ‘DONE’, AFTER YOU LIKED IT. GOOD LUCK I’LL PICK THE LUCKY 05 WINNERS.”


For example, one of the posts mentioned above promises 300 smartphones for the first 300 users that share it. Why would a company hand out 300 expensive devices for only 300 Shares or Likes.
Finally, as Hoax Slayer’s Brett Christensen highlights, these scammy contests are poorly worded and they’re usually written in uppercase letters. A legitimate company would never organize any promotion in such haste.

So, don't give these unscrupulous people what they want! Don't "like" their bogus Pages. Don't be tricked into spamming your friends with their fake promotions by sharing their pictures. Do not send your personal information to these people in the vain hope of winning a prize. Before entering any type of promotion or prize draw always take a closer look. If it seems suspect or dodgy, give it a miss. 
Share this article :

Post a Comment

I'm certainly not an expert, but I'll try my hardest to explain what I do know and research what I don't know. Be sure to check back again , after moderation i do make every effort to reply to your comments .

 
Support : INDIATRIKS
Copyright © 2011. INDIATRIKS - All Rights Reserved
Template Edited By Indiatriks
Proudly Powered By Blogger